Honeydew Green Flesh
2.75 11.85 CA$2.75 - CA$11.85
105-115 days. This is a well known melon variety that has a smooth creamy-white hard rind and thick, sweet, lime-green flesh. Fruit average 7.5-8" x 6.5-7" with a small seed cavity and high sugar content. Nutritional Highlights:
- Honeydew melon is only 60 calories per cup, and is composed of about 90% water.
- It is a good source of vitamin C and has potassium content comparable to that of a banana, with fewer calories.
- Honeydew is also a source of B vitamins thiamine, niacin, pantothenic acid, as well as the trace mineral copper.
- The combination of its high water content and potassium levels make honeydew melon effective at maintaining healthy blood pressure levels.
- As honeydew contains both vitamin C and copper, they promote healthy skin by aiding collagen production and tissue repair.